Re: GDB cannot find line info

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the suggestion, indeed it has fixed my problem, though I don't really understand why :-)

I tried Joel's suggestion, and indeed the line table is empty.
I have tried comparing the output of "maintenance print symbols" between executable files generated by 2 compilers (on break.c from the testsuite), and:
* with the compiler with the bug (incorrect source directory), Symtab for break.c appears once, with a line table
* with the compiler with my fix, Symtab for break.c appears twice, once with only "break.c" and no line table, and once with the full path to "break.c" and the right line table.

Christophe.