Re: Which version of binutils matches the BFD and Opcode in GDB6.8?

[repeating for the list's sake]

Like I said, they come from the same source tree so there is only one
bfd/opcode from a source tree point of view.
And collectively we (gdb people + binutils people) maintain that source tree
(though there are many who work on both).
But since gdb and binutils are on different release schedules, you
can't necessarily match the copies of bfd/opcodes in each.  If
binutils/gdb are released at similar times, the differences will be
small but not necessarily identical.

For completeness' sake,
Procedurally, bfd/opcodes patches go to the binutils mailing list,
they "own" bfd/opcodes.