This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: mini-freeze of autotools-governed files in GCC and src
- From: Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf dot Wildenhues at gmx dot de>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 21:10:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: mini-freeze of autotools-governed files in GCC and src
- References: <20090822110723.GB18527@gmx.de>
* Ralf Wildenhues wrote on Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 01:07:23PM CEST:
> Please refrain from committing changes to autotools-governed files
Freeze is over. Thanks for your patience.
The trees have been updated to Autoconf 2.64 and Automake 1.11. Please
take a minute to ensure that you use these tools now when changing build
system generated files; and that you have them early in your $PATH if
you build with --enable-maintainer-mode.
You might have to start with a clean build tree if you use
--enable-maintainer-mode, otherwise, you might still at least have to
remove all config.cache files from an existing build tree that was built
before this freeze.
For binutils, you likely have to start off with a clean build tree
(i.e., you need to reconfigure). If your compiler doesn't allow for
side-effect dependency-tracking, try --enable-dependency-tracking.
Please feel free to Cc: me for all bug reports that are or look like
they could be related to the new autotools versions.
I'll work on patches for the remaining parts of src to get them updated
and finish some of the leftover cleanups.