Re: Build question

> From: Danny Backx <danny.backx@scarlet.be>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, gdb@sourceware.org
> Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 11:04:58 +0200
>
> 1. The one I suggested earlier. May not be the right solution.
> 2. Generalize target filename handling in gdb. Might be much harder than
>    expected.
> 3. Separate directory and file name in the communication between
>    gdbserver and gdb, so mixup 2 is avoided.
> 4. Extend gdbserver/gdb communication so the target file name syntax
>    is reported back.
> 5. Do (4) but in gdb target properties (this may be what Eli said).
>    Would require extending the gdb target definitions.
>
> Comments ?

Can you point out the places in the code (hopefully, not too many)
where the Posix assumption about file-name syntax needs to be replaced
with the Windows assumption?

If there are not too many of them, we could modify them to use one or
two user options.  For starters, these options would need to be set
manually, by the user who knows what filesystem she is working with.
Later, we could try to set them automatically.

WDYT?