Re: Build question

>>>>> "Danny" == Danny Backx <danny.backx@scarlet.be> writes:

Danny> HAVE_DOS_BASED_FILE_SYSTEM doesn't get set in my cross-compile, because
Danny> gdb gets compiled by the host gcc, which doesn't set _WIN32. So the
Danny> HAVE_DOS_BASED_FILE_SYSTEM never gets defined. This happens both in
Danny> gdb/* and in libiberty/* .

Just to be certain I understand, you're building a gdb that runs on your
Linux box but that you use to debug something running on Windows?

Danny> So where should I change this properly ?

Danny> Another thing to edit is then include/filenames.h - it needs to grab
Danny> this and do the right thing, instead of just reacting to _WIN32 and
Danny> such. But that's a trivial fix.

I am not familiar with this area in depth.  From what you've said it
sounds like gdb has some confusion about host paths and target paths.
Assuming that is correct, then unfortunately for you I think the best
thing to do would be to separate these concepts and turn the current
HAVE_DOS_BASED_FILE_SYSTEM into a target property.

Tom