RE: gdb reverse execution: how to actually run tests for it?

> > But I get the sense here that process record is a bit too special or
convoluted
> > to serve as a general reversible platform. It seems that the recording
process
> > is shining through, in some way. Is that right?
>
> The recording process is visible, yes -- process record is
> implemented entirely within gdb, so the command to start making
> a recording is given from within gdb.

OK. I had hoped to find some nice general subset that you could test on any
reversible platform.  Obviously, enabling reverse would differ between targets,
but once it is run running, the semantics have to be the same for the commands
which are common.

Then the precord-specific commands can be tested in their own right, right?

Best regards,

/jakob

Jakob Engblom, PhD, Technical Marketing Manager

Virtutech?????????????????? Direct: +46 8 690 07 47???
Drottningholmsvägen 22????? Mobile: +46 709 242 646??
11243 Stockholm???????????? Web:??? www.virtutech.com?
Sweden
?