This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Error in gdb make
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Cc: "Praveen S. Solanki" <psolanki at ccs dot neu dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 18:45:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: Error in gdb make
- References: <23639761.196271249493942907.JavaMail.root@zimbra>
On Wednesday 05 August 2009 18:39:02, Praveen S. Solanki wrote:
> gdb version: 6.8
GDB 6.8 was released in early 2008. I think we missed
disable -Werror in that release.
> Pedro Alves wrote:
> ... and what GDB version. It sounds like he's referring to warnings
> from glibc's (ab)use of warn_unused_result, which Jim Blandy
> fixed months ago:
2009-01 > 2008-xx.
Either try a recent GDB snapshot, or build 6.8 with "-Wno-unused-result"
added to CFLAGS, or configure with --disable-werror.