This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Problem with ddd and source file visibility
- From: Fizzo <fizzo1973 at gmail dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 00:27:01 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Problem with ddd and source file visibility
I am having a problem using ddd: I cant seem to fix the source file
visibility in ddd.
here is the situation...
I have a project made up of the following components:
- library A in its own directory where source files are split in src and inc
- library B in its own directory where source files are split in src and inc
- the program itself in its own directory where source files are split in in
src and inc directories.
When I debug the executable file I can correctly see the main file (which is
part of the program) and it can debugged fine, until I try to step into a
function listed in library A.
If I open the "Open Source" Dialog, I can see the files being part of the
program, then I can see some header files of library A, but I cant see any
of the source files of library A.
I tried to add the directory both using the gdb 'directory' command from gdb
prompt, and the 'GDB Settings' dialog box of DDD; nevertheless source files
for library A are nowhere to be seen :(
If I try to list a function defined in library A using 'list <FunctionName>'
here is the result:
No line number information available for address 0x.....
As far as I know both executables and libraries have been compiled using the
Is there anybody who could give me some hints on how to detect the problem?
If you need additional feel free to ask.
thanks in advance
Have a Nice Day
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Problem-with-ddd-and-source-file-visibility-tp24803540p24803540.html
Sent from the Sourceware - gdb list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.