Re: Novice gdb question

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 8:11 PM, <ikorot@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Let me put some clarification on it.

I am afraid your clarifications didn't do much clarification (at least
for me :-(

> Consider following code snippet:

Compiled how? Did the 'inlineGetParam()' actually get inlined?
What does the MSVC disassembly show?

> In MSVC debugger and gdb, when I hit F11 standing on the line "f.Bar(....)", I will
> go to the "f.inilineFunc()" line.

Which are the same line; so your description of behavior you observe
continues to be confusing.

Perhaps if you post *complete* test case, with instructions on how to
build it, with the version of MSVC you used, and then describe what
you see in MSVC (using line numbers instead of ambiguous line
descriptions), then we can tell you whether you'll get the same,
better or worse behavior from the next version of GDB.

P.S. Your using of e-mail account with automatic sender verification
to post your questions is quite annoying (at least to me). If spam is
a real problem for you, perhaps try using Gmail? I get less than 1
spam message a week through.

Cheers,
--
Paul Pluzhnikov