This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Problem on cygwin with new wchar_t printing support via iconv()
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Roland Schwingel <roland dot schwingel at onevision dot de>, tromey at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:13:57 +0000
- Subject: Re: Problem on cygwin with new wchar_t printing support via iconv()
- References: <49C9F1EE.email@example.com>
On Wednesday 25 March 2009 08:57:18, Roland Schwingel wrote:
> > If you have a small test case, I will try to reproduce it with a
> > libiconv-based build here. I suspect, though, that it is
> > Windows-specific.
Nope, it's iconv specific.
> FAIL: gdb.base/charset.exp: print string in IBM1047
set target-charset IBM1047
Undefined item: "IBM1047".
(gdb) PASS: gdb.base/charset.exp: try `set target-charset IBM1047'
These should be detected and marked "unsupported", so the next test:
The host character set is "ASCII".
The target character set is "ISO-8859-1".
The target wide character set is "UCS-4".
(gdb) PASS: gdb.base/charset.exp: parse `show charset' after `set target-charset IBM1047'
FAIL: gdb.base/charset.exp: check effect of `set target-charset IBM1047'
... is skipped ?