This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [GSOC] Question about the "Support tracepoints in gdbserver"
- From: Thiago Jung Bauermann <bauerman at br dot ibm dot com>
- To: Yu Ziyu <yuziyumail at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 17:56:16 -0300
- Subject: Re: [GSOC] Question about the "Support tracepoints in gdbserver"
- References: <49C21F41.email@example.com>
El jue, 19-03-2009 a las 18:32 +0800, Yu Ziyu escribiÃ:
> Hello, I'm a student interested in the gsoc2009 project "Support
> tracepoints in gdbserver".
> My question is there any further dispcription on this project?
I wrote the Ideas page, including that bullet point, but I'm afraid I
can't help much. I just copied that item from the ProjectIdeas page,
perhaps someone else will know?
I can only point you to GDB's manual:
In particular, look at chapter 11 - Tracepoints, D. 6 - Tracepoint
Packets and E - The GDB Agent Expression Mechanism. I believe gdbserver
doesn't support any of that, thus the project would probably be about
implementing the features described in those chapters...
> Besides, I wonder whether this is the right place to ask questions about
Yes, you're welcome to ask about GDB-related GSoC ideas here.
Thiago Jung Bauermann
IBM Linux Technology Center