This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Cross debugging on windows
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Roland Schwingel <roland dot schwingel at onevision dot de>
- Cc: gdb <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 10:37:39 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cross debugging on windows
- References: <49BF9037.email@example.com>
On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 12:57:43PM +0100, Roland Schwingel wrote:
> Just a simple question.
> Is it possible to cross debug from a 32bit gdb a 64bit application (both
> running on windows)?
> In my special case this would be a 32bit cygwin gdb debugging a mingw64
> 64bit application.
> I know the usual small glitches when debugging a mingw application from a
> cygwin gdb.
> But beside of this: Is it possible?
> There is the configure option --enable-64-bit-bfd. I tried it but it
> appears to not do the trick...
Usually only the other direction is possible. The 32-bit debugging
interfaces don't permit a 64-bit target.