This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Problem viewing gcore of 32 bit binary on 64 bit SLES 10.1, gdb 6.6
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Shane G <pachoo at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 00:10:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: Problem viewing gcore of 32 bit binary on 64 bit SLES 10.1, gdb 6.6
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 00:00:57 +0100, Shane G wrote:
> I'm unable to view any usable information from a gcore that I've run
> against a 32 bit binary running on a 64 bit version of SLES 10.1.
from your description IMO the core file is primarily generated wrong by gcore.
If you somewhere get a correct 32bit core file expecting gdb-x86_64 probably
reads it fine on your system.
> This GDB was configured as "x86_64-suse-linux"...
At least in
I see no gcore biarch patch and FSF GDB does not support biarch gcore (in this
case i386-on-x86_64). You may port there the patch: