This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: info watch command
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: raja dot saleru at iap-online dot com
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 08:46:45 -0500
- Subject: Re: info watch command
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 03:36:22AM -0500, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> by default, it will be hardware watchpoint. for the "info watch" command,
> only for watch it is showing as "hw watchpoint". however why it is not
> differentiated for rwatch as "read watchpoint" "hw read watchpoint" ?
Because all read and access watchpoints are hardware; it is not
practical to do either in software.