This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: global, target-specific, init files
- From: Jerome Guitton <guitton at adacore dot com>
- To: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- Cc: "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:36:38 +0100
- Subject: Re: global, target-specific, init files
- References: <20081214124549.GA25544@adacore.com> <20081214183532.GB28806@caradoc.them.org> <20081215115830.GI34644@adacore.com> <20081215154216.GA9832@caradoc.them.org> <20081215164545.GK34644@adacore.com> <494AA848.email@example.com>
Michael Snyder (firstname.lastname@example.org):
> Jerome Guitton wrote:
>> Daniel Jacobowitz (email@example.com):
>>> Well, we took a full path. So you'd give it
>>> $prefix/etc/$target-gdbinit in your case. The path automatically
>>> relocates along with an installed GDB. Come to think of it,
>>> I'm not sure entirely how to handle relocation if you want to source
>>> another file in the same directory, but there's probably a logical
>>> extension of the current mechanism for that.
>>> Does that clarify?
>> It does; I understand now. And I like the way you fixed the problem,
>> much simpler than my proposal. I have tested it and it works like a
>> charm. Would it make sense to have this merged into the FSF tree?
> FWIW, I think it would make sense...
OK, great. Daniel, if you are OK, I can take care of posting the patch
to gdb-patches and commit it if it is approved.