This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: warning in python-value.c
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: "tromey at redhat dot com" <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 11:24:16 -0600
- Subject: Re: warning in python-value.c
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Tom Tromey wrote:
"Joel" == Joel Sherrill <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Joel> I'm seeing this in the cross builds of the gdb trunk to any RTEMS target.
Joel> For now, I have disabled the python support to continue.
Joel> Any ideas?
Joel> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
Joel> /n/12/joel/test-gcc/gdb-cvs/src/gdb/python/python-value.c:641: error:
Joel> initialization from incompatible pointer type
What version of Python do you have? What host are you building on?
This is on gcc12 in the CFARM. So 64-bit debian.
I don't know how to check the python version. I see
libraries for up to 2.6
( ../gdb-cvs/src/configure --target=m32c-rtems4.10 \
--enable-sim --enable-sim-hardware --enable-timebase \
--enable-sim-trace && make ) >b.log 2>&1
This is with a native gcc built from the svn trunk if that
And what is the most recent entry in gdb/ChangeLog?
Yours was not there so I updated and retried it.
It now builds so I guess we just crossed.
I think I fixed this yesterday:
2009-01-05 Tom Tromey <email@example.com>
* python/python-internal.h (Py_ssize_t): Define as int.
I was seeing this when building on a 64-bit host against Python 2.4.
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985