Re: gdb watch command packet

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 11:04 PM, IAPT-Sreerama Shailaja
<sreerama.shailaja@iap-online.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to know the packet communication  between the gdb and OpenOCD
> when the below command is executed.
>
> (gdb)watch x
>
> Sending packet: $Z2,1,4#49...Ack
> Packet received: E10
>
> packet $Z2,1,4#49...Ack
> in the above packet address is 1 and length is 4#49.
> So the  above address and length is correct while sending packet for
> inserting watch point?

According to
http://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb_34.html#SEC708
the format is correct.
Whether the values are correct I can't say (an address of 1 seems wrong,
whether the size is correct depends on what 'x' is).
The response is E10 indicating an error, perhaps it's complaining
about the bad address.