This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Sharing target code between gdb and gdbserver.
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: David Daney <ddaney at avtrex dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 10:06:54 -0400
- Subject: Re: Sharing target code between gdb and gdbserver.
- References: <48BA266E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 10:04:46PM -0700, David Daney wrote:
> My (perhaps naive) thought is that I could just reuse the same
> watchpoint functions I am adding to gdb's target vector for gdbserver.
> Would this be possible or advisable? Why doesn't i386 do this?
The utility and target functions in gdbserver are not the same as the
ones in GDB. So you'd have to write code with a pretty small,
nebulously defined subset of them... it's a bit tricky. It's much
simpler to have a second copy.