This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: breakpoint in gdbserver
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- To: "Dixit, Amol" <dixit at netapp dot com>
- Cc: "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:20:16 -0700
- Subject: Re: breakpoint in gdbserver
- References: <48B82409.email@example.com>
Dixit, Amol wrote:
I am attempting to port gdbserver for freebsd (libpthread/libthr). While
I may have complex doubts later, I will start with a simple one.
I need to look at some gdbserver code path on Linux, and while I can set
breakpoints and these functions are entered, gdb doesn't break at all.
Gdbserver is compiled w/ symbols and I am using gdb6.8 to debug it.
Any idea what I am missing here?
(gdb) i b
Num Type Disp Enb Address What
1 breakpoint keep y 0x0804f214 in main at ../server.c:1230
breakpoint already hit 1 time
2 breakpoint keep y 0x0804d560 in start_inferior at
3 breakpoint keep y 0x0804b460 in add_thread at
I can hit 1, but not 2 & 3 for example.
I assume you are using one gdb to debug gdbserver,
and a second gdb to talk to gdbserver's socket?