This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Watch point support for PPC and Linux with GDB
- From: Thiago Jung Bauermann <bauerman at br dot ibm dot com>
- To: Jeff Dallacqua <macmover at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 23:12:31 -0300
- Subject: Re: Watch point support for PPC and Linux with GDB
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 09:33 -0700, Jeff Dallacqua wrote:
> Can anybody give me some specifics about what sort of watch
> point support GDB 6.7.1 has running on a Freescale 8540 with Linux?
> Neither hardware nor software watch points seem to behave properly,
> even though both can be set. The watch points can be set but execution
> never stops when those memory locations are written to or read from.
> Looking over previous postings it seems like perhaps hardware watch
> points aren't supported but I'm not even able to get them to work in
Luis recently committed a patch adding basic support for BookE hardware
You would also need this fix from Ulrich:
And Luis' kernel patch which is mentioned in the first link. It will
show up in 2.6.27.
I don't know about the software watchpoint issues...
Thiago Jung Bauermann
IBM Linux Technology Center