Re: Watch point support for PPC and Linux with GDB

On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 09:33 -0700, Jeff Dallacqua wrote:
>            Can anybody give me some specifics about what sort of watch
> point support GDB 6.7.1 has running on a Freescale 8540 with Linux?
> Neither hardware nor software watch points seem to behave properly,
> even though both can be set. The watch points can be set but execution
> never stops when those memory locations are written to or read from.
> Looking over previous postings it seems like perhaps hardware watch
> points aren't supported but I'm not even able to get them to work in
> software.

Luis recently committed a patch adding basic support for BookE hardware
watchpoint:

http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2008-08/msg00087.html

You would also need this fix from Ulrich:

http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2008-08/msg00321.html

And Luis' kernel patch which is mentioned in the first link. It will
show up in 2.6.27.

I don't know about the software watchpoint issues...
--
[]'s
Thiago Jung Bauermann