Re: MSVC and DIA

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 01:39:19PM -0700, Michael Snyder wrote:
> I've heard a surprising number if inquiries of this sort recently,
> folks wondering how they can use gdb to debug the output of
> microsoft compilers.
>
> I'm not getting anything by googling for "pdb to elf",
> "pdb to dwarf", or "microsoft to elf".  Anybody think
> of any more good search terms?

There isn't one.  The last time I looked at this I convinced myself
that you need a different library (redistributable, but you need the
headers from a .NET purchased VC++ to use it) to get the right
information; but that may not be true.

What Stan described is pretty much the way I'd do it.  If you're
feeling really fancy it might be possible to do so transparently
to the rest of GDB.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery