This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: About displaced-stepping function
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- To: teawater <teawater at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 20:06:15 -0700
- Subject: Re: About displaced-stepping function
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I used GDB cvs version to debug the KGDB and got a memory error.
I found that "displaced-stepping" function cause this error. And when
I use command "maintenance set can-use-displaced-stepping 0" close
this function. Everything is OK.
Did anyone meet this bug too?
What target arch (386?)
What gdb version (cvs head?)
What linux version, kernel version?
In what context did the memory error occur (steps to reproduce)?
Can you run the experiment with "set debug remote on" and send the log?