This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Cannot find new threads: generic error
- From: "Paul Pluzhnikov" <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- To: "Russell Shaw" <rjshaw at netspace dot net dot au>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 09:59:26 -0700
- Subject: Re: Cannot find new threads: generic error
- References: <48A81A42.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 5:32 AM, Russell Shaw <email@example.com> wrote:
> [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
> Error while reading shared library symbols:
> Cannot find new threads: generic error
> I'm using kernel 2.6.24 on a recent debian/unstable libc6.
> Where does that error come from?
This is most often the result of either
A. mismatch between libc.so.6 and libthread_db.so.1, or
B. libpthread.so.0 being stripped.
What does 'nm /lib/libpthread.so.0 | grep _version' say?