This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Display content of unicode std::wstring objects
- From: "Paul Pluzhnikov" <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- To: "Fredrik Orderud" <fredrik dot orderud at idi dot ntnu dot no>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 08:01:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: Display content of unicode std::wstring objects
- References: <8DAABA4DED90428A886BEAEBD9C8AFCB@Orderud>
On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 6:12 AM, Fredrik Orderud
> Is there any in-build support for displaying the content of C++ STL unicode
> text-strings in gdb?
No, but Python scripting work (happening right now) is supposed to address this.
In the mean time, you may want to try this patch:
It claims to allow this:
(gdb) p z
(std::wstring) L"This is a wide string."