This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: m68k gdb issue with skyeye
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- Cc: <gdb at sourceware dot org>, kang shuo <blackfin dot kang at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 18:11:29 +0200
- Subject: Re: m68k gdb issue with skyeye
- References: <48A0F96E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Joel Sherrill <email@example.com> writes:
> Michael Kang and I have run into something with
> m68k gdb and don't know how to fix it. The executable
> is for a coldfire mc5272.
> With m68k-rtems* (basically m68k-elf) on gdb 6.8,
> connecting to the Skyeye gdbserver gives this.
> (gdb) tar remote :12345
> Remote debugging using :12345
> Remote 'g' packet reply is too long:
That probably means the server and the debugger don't agree about the
size of the floating point registers. The coldfire has only 64-bit fp
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, firstname.lastname@example.org
SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
PGP key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."