This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: suggestion: release GDB 6.8.1
- From: "Doug Evans" <dje at google dot com>
- To: "Joel Brobecker" <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "Thiago Jung Bauermann" <bauerman at br dot ibm dot com>, "gdb ml" <gdb at sourceware dot org>, "Sérgio Durigan Júnior" <sergiodj at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 11:05:53 -0700
- Subject: Re: suggestion: release GDB 6.8.1
- References: <email@example.com> <20080806104812.GD3876@adacore.com>
On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 3:48 AM, Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Since the next big GDB release will take a while yet in order to wait
>> for the current developments to settle down, I'd like to suggest making
>> a point release to get some patches out there earlier.
> I don't mind making a point release, if you get the patches in the
> branch. It would be nice if the new release brought a little more
> than the few patches you highlighted, though. I usually try to keep
> an eye for patches that might qualify, but few caught my attention
> since 6.8...
Since you're asking ...
How should one interpret "a little more than the few patches"? Are
you looking for bug fixes only, or does the scope include modest new
features (e.g. the "find" command) ?