Re: Problem reading corefiles on ARM

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 05:42:48PM +0200, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> GCC should really not do this.  People are almost guaranteed to want
> to be able to see a backtrace from abort(3).

Yes, it's come up for discussion several times... I don't like the
current behavior either.  The current behavior was added many years
ago for an unspecified application :-(

  /* Decide if the current function is volatile.  Such functions
     never return, and many memory cycles can be saved by not storing
     register values that will never be needed again.  This optimization
     was added to speed up context switching in a kernel application.  */

IMO that shouldn't be written in C, then...

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery