This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Debugging multithreaded application with GDB
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Alan Turing <mashkochit at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 10:11:00 -0400
- Subject: Re: Debugging multithreaded application with GDB
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sun, Aug 03, 2008 at 03:40:28PM +0300, Alan Turing wrote:
> My problem:
> I need to catch the thread as close to its starting point as possible.
> Setting a break point after the thread is already running means it's
> way past the desired break point.
You can't set thread-specific breakpoints before a thread is running,
because the ID of the thread is not known yet. But normal
breakpoints affect all threads. Can you set a breakpoint at the
thread entry function without specifying the thread?