This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Debugging multithreaded application with GDB
- From: "Alan Turing" <mashkochit at gmail dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 15:40:28 +0300
- Subject: Debugging multithreaded application with GDB
I have encountered a problem using GDB for stepping through execution
threads, and hope someone out there has the proper experience to guide
1. GDB would set a breakpoint in a thread only if it already exists
2. In most cases, once a thread is launched, it would start executing
I need to catch the thread as close to its starting point as possible.
Setting a break point after the thread is already running means it's
way past the desired break point.