This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB to C++ issue: deletion
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Cc: André Pönitz <apoenitz at trolltech dot com>, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 08:56:56 -0400
- Subject: Re: GDB to C++ issue: deletion
- References: <200807312204.m6VM4JQM007611@tully.CS.Berkeley.EDU> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sorry, I replied to the wrong list.
On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 12:53:24PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Still, I think that it is a misrepresentation to say that GDB code
> cannot be understood by "mere mortals". Most problems, as far as I
> remember from questions posted here, are about the high-level
> architectural aspects, asked by those who want to add support for some
> novel or unusual platform. People who need to fix a bug in existing
> code normally don't have much trouble understanding it.
For what it's worth, that's not my experience at all. Contributors
have a lot of trouble with the GDB code. One of the biggest problems
is cleanups, which is one reason I'm listening with interest to this