This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: MI varobj artificial fields
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Jim Ingham <jingham at apple dot com>
- Cc: Aleksandar Ristovski <ARistovski at qnx dot com>, Vladimir Prus <ghost at cs dot msu dot su>, gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:36:46 -0400
- Subject: Re: MI varobj artificial fields
- References: <4806400B.email@example.com> <31CE38D4-0B58-4ADA-8321-7AF5FA4347C6@apple.com>
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 11:21:53AM -0700, Jim Ingham wrote:
> Yeah, I think this was just added so you get the organization for free.
> Note that if you go switch to an attribute, the UI is going to have to
> reorder the variables to get all the private ones together, etc.
Is that really what you'd want? GDB's ptype will group things by
protection in the order they're present anyway, repeating protections
if that's what the source did. I think this is much more logical.