This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Aleksandar Ristovski <aristovski at qnx dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 13:55:13 -0500
- Subject: Re: cp-name-parser.y
- References: <47C84D48.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 01:22:00PM -0500, Aleksandar Ristovski wrote:
> Is it just me or is cpname_parse really not being used at all? I see there
> has been some effort put into parsing c++ specific sutff, but is it
> unfinished, or what is going on?
> If you could, let me know how mature is that code there and can it be used.
What would you like to use it for?
It's not used yet for much. I have a patch, most recently posted
around the end of October 2007, which uses it for every C++ symbol
we read in. That's to fix symbol lookup issues for templates, and
so forth. But the patch is a bit of a slowdown and I want to look at
your speedups first before I go there. I'll be doing that soon.