This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Modifying a verboten register
- From: "Shaun Jackman" <sjackman at gmail dot com>
- To: "Daniel Jacobowitz" <drow at false dot org>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 20:37:58 -0800
- Subject: Re: Modifying a verboten register
- References: <email@example.com> <20060504145211.GB32605@nevyn.them.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "Shaun Jackman" <sjackman at gmail dot com>
On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 3:16 PM, Shaun Jackman <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 5/4/06, Shaun Jackman <email@example.com> wrote:
> > On 5/4/06, Daniel Jacobowitz <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > ...
> > > I posted an explanation of this problem on gdb-patches yesterday, as it
> > > happens, with a nasty hack.
> > Wonderful news! Thanks, Daniel.
> This patch  works for me to work around the `Value being assigned
> to is no longer active' bug. Thanks, Daniel.
>  http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2006-05/msg00018.html
Was this patch ever applied to the trunk? I've just checked that the
bug still exists in gdb 6.7. The above patch was from 2006-July circa
gdb 6.5 days.