This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: How to set the path of shared library in Linux
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Robert Bu <robert dot bu at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 22:23:57 -0500
- Subject: Re: How to set the path of shared library in Linux
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 11:16:19AM +0800, Robert Bu wrote:
> As you can see GDB always tries
> "/home/STools/RLX/scv-1.0p2-sysc-2.2.0-gcc-3.2.3/lib-linux/" instead of
> using "/home/robert_bu/local/rlxvm_static_gcc323/lib" as I set.
> However, If I set this path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, GDB can find it
GDB uses solib-search-path to find libraries for debugging. It
doesn't affect what libraries your program uses when it runs, so you
do have to use LD_LIBRARY_PATH.