This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Using dlopen and remote debugging
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: "Dr. Rolf Jansen" <rj at surtec dot com>
- Cc: Steve Kreyer <steve dot kreyer at web dot de>, gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:31:50 -0500
- Subject: Re: Using dlopen and remote debugging
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <92BB1E0C-6CEC-41FF-AD60-A7F2590D1DA1@surtec.com>
On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 10:03:09AM -0300, Dr. Rolf Jansen wrote:
> In my case this was impossible. The remote machine happened to run
> Windows XP and the host Mac OS X. I found no way to let Mac OS X
> understand a full path like "C:\path\to\my\exe\and\dll. I needed to patch
> gdbserver. In the latest CVS version I changed server.c beginning at line
> 528 to:
Then just set solib-search-path; GDB will look up the basenames.
There is an additional wrinkle involving path separators, since GDB
is likely to think that is bare filename and not a full path. But it
should be fixed on the GDB side, not on the target side. This one's
been discussed a few times recently.