This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Wrong list for gdb usage questions?
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Craig Miller <millerexpedition at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 00:42:43 -0800
- Subject: Re: Wrong list for gdb usage questions?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I asked a question earlier today on the IRC channel, and again on this
> mailing list. Both questions went w/o even an acknowledgement. Is
> there a more apropriate place where I can ask my gdb usage question?
> I'm not trying to bother anyone, just trying to figure out how to use
> gdb in an area that isn't documented particularly well (making
> searching a bit futile).
This is indeed the right list to ask questions about GDB usage, but
there is noone here paid to answer these questions. This mailing
list just connects a community of GDB users that are willing to
share their knowledge. Most of us try to help whenever we have the time,
but it's all voluntary. I checked the archives, and your previous
question was sent about 9h before you sent this second one. Andrew
Cagney, who used to be a very active contributor, used to say
"Everything takes a week on the internet". Give it a little more time.