This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: How do you debug gdb?
- From: "Gerrit van Niekerk" <gerritvn at gpvno dot co dot za>
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:53:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: How do you debug gdb?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: gerritvn at gpvno dot co dot za,gpvno at telkomsa dot net
On 17 Feb 2008 at 20:00, Ray Hurst wrote:
> It seemed that this question was better suited for the development group
> than in the general group.
> How do you debug gdb?
> In other words, if I have a problem with gdb itself how do I go about
> debugging the issue?
You first have to build GDB with symbols, so you run "config" and then
If you debug gdb right in the directory it was created, you automatically get a
script loaded which will differentiate between a breakpoint being hit in gdb
and in the debug target.