GDB debugging dll loaded by exe - failing

Hi,
I'm trying to use GDB (Cygwin) within Eclipse. I am trying to debug
process.exe whose source I do not have but it loads my dll, stephen.dll
which I want to debug. Initially, when I attach to the process it appears to
suspend it succesfully. However, I get these messages:

Cannot access memory at address 0x2ae0000
Previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)
Previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)
Cannot access memory at address 0x2ae0000
Cannot access memory at address 0x2ae0000

I don't know about windows security model for preventing me debugging things
I shouldn't but whatever it is I'm presuming it's being enforced here as
this is not my exe.

However, when I try to view the disassembly, I can't see anything.

So, I resume the process. This itself if quite sporadic as to whether or not
it is succesful. Quite often (as in 60% plus), gdb crashes. When it does
work, I carry on and load my dll and get the following messages:

Error: dll starting at 0x2141000 not found.

Error: dll starting at 0x661c1000 not found.

Error: dll starting at 0x685b1000 not found.

Error: dll starting at 0x72801000 not found.

When I try to set a breakpoint in my dll code, it seems to get set fine. But
when I do whatever I do to get that code to run, gdb just crashes, always.

I tried doing the same thing in visual c++ express and it works fine. I can
step prefectly and view the disassembly of the exe and the symbols of my
source are resolved perfectly. I don't want to use it however as the
interfece is horrible and I much prefer that of eclipse. But if I can't use
GDB then I can't use it. Has anyone seen this? Is there a configuration
issue somewhere?
Thanks