Re: Variable objects and STL containers

 > > Are iterators available to GDB, or just the executable?  I only seem able
 > > to access those methods which are used by my program, e.g.,
 >
 > That's generally correct; there's nothing in the debug info explaining
 > what template or inline methods do which are not instantiated
 > out-of-line somewhere in the program.  With optimization you may not
 > be able to call them even if they are used.

Would it be possible for the gcc developers to add that information?
I mean with a special option, like -g3 means include macro information.

Alternatively would it be possible to share code for those methods with
Gdb, as with the bfd library?

Creating variable objects using internals wasn't so hard for vectors but
it gets a bit more tricky with lists.