This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB/Mingw make problem
- From: "Gerrit van Niekerk" <gerritvn at gpvno dot co dot za>
- To: Dave Murphy <wintermute2k4 at ntlworld dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 21:34:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: GDB/Mingw make problem
- References: <478A8022.18277.6CAB521@gerritvn.gpvno.co.za>, <47ACF852.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: gerritvn at gpvno dot co dot za,gpvno at telkomsa dot net
On 9 Feb 2008 at 0:48, Dave Murphy wrote:
Gerrit van Niekerk wrote:
>> Make gives the following error:
>> sed: file .././bfd/targmatch.sed line 1: Extra characters after command
>> make: *** [targmatch.h] Error 1
> Actually, I had the same problem recently building from CVS. The problem is that targmatch.sed
> has DOS line endings, msys sed 3.02 will cope fine if you run dos2unix on the file first.
Thanks Dave, I gave up on Mingw and moved on to Cygwin which also had
problems, but I managed to patch around it.