This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: support for core files for target powerpc-eabi
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: rahul dev <rahul_dev_agg at yahoo dot co dot in>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 12:53:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: support for core files for target powerpc-eabi
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 02:17:44PM +0530, rahul dev wrote:
> Is there a way to analyze my corefile, if I configure the gdb for
> powerpc-eabi, Or should I continue to do configure gdb for powerpc-linux
> and construct the NOTE section in the same format linux-powerpc does.
Every platform defines its own layout for note sections. There's no
one "powerpc-eabi" operating system to define notes, and there are no
standard notes. So since GDB doesn't know what to do with notes on
this platform, it doesn't support core files.
You can keep using a powerpc-linux GDB, or patch your powerpc-eabi GDB
to work with any note format you choose.