This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB/Mingw make problem
- From: Dave Murphy <wintermute2k4 at ntlworld dot com>
- To: gerritvn at gpvno dot co dot za, gpvno at telkomsa dot net
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 00:48:18 +0000
- Subject: Re: GDB/Mingw make problem
- References: <478A8022.18277.6CAB521@gerritvn.gpvno.co.za>
Gerrit van Niekerk wrote:
Actually, I had the same problem recently building from CVS. The problem
is that targmatch.sed has DOS line endings, msys sed 3.02 will cope fine
if you run dos2unix on the file first.
I am trying to make GDB-6.7.1 using MinGW on WinXP.
Configure works fine:
./configure --host=i686-pc-mingw32 --target=djgpp
Make gives the following error:
sed -f .././bfd/targmatch.sed < .././bfd/config.bfd > targmatch.new
sed: file .././bfd/targmatch.sed line 1: Extra characters after command
make: *** [targmatch.h] Error 1
The problem seems to be a very old version (v 3.02) of SED and I can't find a more recent one.
Any help would be appreciated.
I didn't have this problem with the release tarballs though, just
TortoiseCVS being a pain & doing line conversions.