This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: testing GDB with the simulator
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 08:21:11 -0500
- Subject: Re: testing GDB with the simulator
- References: <20080204204347.GD20922@adacore.com>
On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 12:43:47PM -0800, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> Is there a way to run the GDB testsuite on the GDB simulator?
> Perhaps with a specific board file, as explained in the GDB Wiki
> for testing with the gdbserver? I just did some powerpc-specific
> work, and had to test it on ppc-aix, which is extremely slow
> with the machines that AdaCore has. I think I could save quite
> a bit of time if I could do the testing on the powerpc simulator
> and the powerpc-elf target. If possible, I'll be happy to contribute
> a Wiki page for it.
Take a look at this:
The page is stale, so some of those targets won't work. But the same
instructions should generally work for GDB once you have a toolchain.
mips-elf, powerpc-eabisim, and arm-eabi are the most common targets
with working simulators.