This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: elf core file format for powerpc
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: rahul dev <rahul_dev_agg at yahoo dot co dot in>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 08:19:27 -0500
- Subject: Re: elf core file format for powerpc
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 06:37:08PM +0530, rahul dev wrote:
> Also, is anyone aware of any link that describes the core file format (elf, linux over powerpc) ? I particulary need information about "note0, .reg, .reg2" sections.
You're using objdump; try using readelf instead. That gives a more
accurate picture of the contents. Then read the ELF gABI which
describes the format of core files.
> Also, is the code for "gcore" available on the internet. I need the
> source code for "gcore" that creates a core file in elf format and
> also adds sections "note0, .reg, .reg2".
Of course it is. It's in the source package for GDB. But it uses the
BFD library, so it's a little complicated to find out where each piece