This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: testing GDB with the simulator
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at specifix dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 01:39:22 -0800
- Subject: Re: testing GDB with the simulator
- References: <20080204204347.GD20922@adacore.com>
On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 12:43 -0800, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> Is there a way to run the GDB testsuite on the GDB simulator?
> Perhaps with a specific board file, as explained in the GDB Wiki
> for testing with the gdbserver? I just did some powerpc-specific
> work, and had to test it on ppc-aix, which is extremely slow
> with the machines that AdaCore has. I think I could save quite
> a bit of time if I could do the testing on the powerpc simulator
> and the powerpc-elf target. If possible, I'll be happy to contribute
> a Wiki page for it.
Of course -- but I'm not sure I remember specifically....
In gdb/testsuite/config I see sim.exp and sid.exp
In /usr/share/dejagnu/baseboards I see many *-sim.exp
baseboard description files including powerpc-sim and
As well, I see /usr/share/dejagnu/config/sim.exp
Hope these get you somewhere close to the answer...