This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfc / remote protocol] ELF segment based qOffsets
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Sergei Poselenov <sposelenov at emcraft dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 17:54:56 -0500
- Subject: Re: [rfc / remote protocol] ELF segment based qOffsets
- References: <47625A95.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 01:27:33PM +0300, Sergei Poselenov wrote:
> You see, the warnings are caused by the fact that the segment 01 has
> address/size values which wraps to 0 in the following 'if' condition
> introduced by the $subj in elfread.c, elf_symfile_segments():
> && vma < segments[j]->p_vaddr + segments[j]->p_memsz)
Drat. Yes, this just seems like a bug. I'll try to fix it later.
> The place above is trivial to fix, but I wonder will be any
> other consequences to the remote debugging of such kind of
> images? (I can't try this at the moment)
I don't think there should be any problems. There would be a little
trouble debugging code from those sections if the image was relocated
(qOffsets response), but yours shouldn't be; it goes at the address in
the ELF file.