Re: 'continue' command problem

At Apple, we also added a "breakpoint-commands" output field to the "*stopped - breakpoint-hit" message. Then we either tell it that the breakpoint commands are done running, or that they have restarted the target. That way the UI can know to suspend putting up some UI (getting the current stack, etc) till it knows the target has stopped for sure... After all, one very common use of breakpoint commands is on the fly logging, in which case you do want to display whatever the breakpoint command prints in your gdb console log window, but you don't want to do anything else.

Jim