This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: export backtrace
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Bob Rossi <bob_rossi at cox dot net>
- Cc: Bram Kuijper <a dot l dot w dot kuijper at rug dot nl>, gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:15:22 +0200
- Subject: Re: export backtrace
- References: <467FDA31.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070625150939.GC32316@cox.net>
Bob Rossi <email@example.com> writes:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 05:07:29PM +0200, Bram Kuijper wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> A veeeery simple question with an unfindable answer: how do I export a
>> backtrace to a file so that I can search through it outside gdb?
>> (gdb) backtrace ./program > my_file obviously isn't working, so what
>> should be the alternative?
> One alternative would be to use the logging feature of gdb. That will
> log the entire session, and will include the backtrace.
Or use Emacs as a frontend.
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, firstname.lastname@example.org
SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
PGP key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."