Re: 'continue' command problem

On Monday 04 June 2007 15:21, Leon Pollak wrote:

[cross-posting to gdb-devel]

> Hello.
>
> This is the message to Vladimir Prus (as the debugger interface maintainer):
>
> When the user defined gdb macro contains "continue" command inside, this
> causes the debugger interface to loose its head (BP hit, ball/circle/point
> presentation and BP tab are in disorder).

This is more or less expected. In this case GDB fails to inform us that
the target started running, so we think it's stopped, and many bad things
can happen.

Nick,
I think your "async branch" is supposed to emit "^running" in all possible cases.
Is that the case, and if so, do you think that improvement can be ported to
gdb mainline quickly?

- Volodya