This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: thread local storage (__thread) variables aren't working in gdb 6.5/6.6?
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: John Bates <johnnybates at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:28:34 -0400
- Subject: Re: thread local storage (__thread) variables aren't working in gdb 6.5/6.6?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 01:22:04PM -0700, John Bates wrote:
> I can't find any confirmation of support or non-support of thread
> local storage on the web or in the gdb documentation. I already tried
> 6.6 and it was the same problem. The test below seems to confirm
> non-support on my fedora core 6 (kernel 2.6.18) x86 distribution with
> gdb 6.5. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong for
> debugging __thread global variables.
So far, they are only supported if you are linked to libpthread. Jan
K. was working on this earlier.